Stop by the Department of Special Collections to see our Banned Books Week display:
The Best Novels of the 20th Century: Banned and Challenged.
Books were selected from the Banned and/or Challenged Books from the Radcliffe Publishing Course Top 100 Novels of the 20th Century.
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott. The Great Gatsby. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1925. (PS3511.I9 G7 1925)
- Joyce, James. Ulysses. London: The Egoist Press, 1922. (PR6019.O9 U49 1922)
- Nabokov, Vladimir Vladimirovich. Lolita. Paris: Olympia Press, 1955. (PS3527.A15 L6 1955 Wilson)
- Salinger, J.D. The Catcher in the Rye. Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1951. (PS3537.A426 C3 1951c Connolly)
- Steinbeck, John. The Grapes of Wrath. New York: Viking Press, 1939. (PS3537.T3234 G8 1939 c.2)
- Steinbeck, John. Of Mice and Men. New York: Covici, Friede, 1937. Galley proofs. (PS3537.T3234 O2 1937g)
Don’t forget to celebrate your freedom to read this week!