Come check out our newest purchases and gifts!
Ellis, Edward Sylvester. Nathan Todd: or, the Fate of the Sioux’ Captive. New York; London: Beadle and Company, 1860. (PS1589.E3 N38 1860 Undrsz)
– The sequel to a previously purchased dime novel, Bill Biddon, Trapper, by the same author.
Thomas, Henry J., Mrs. The Prairie Bride: or, the Squatter’s Triumph. New York: Beadle and Company, 1869. (PS3030.T38 P73 1869 Undrsz)
General Federation Clubwoman. Washington, D.C.: General Federation of Women’s Clubs, 1941-1970s. (HQ1871 .G46)
– “Magazine of the World’s Largest Organization of Women.” The library has 34 issues from 1954-1959.
Joyce, James. The Cats of Copenhagen. Dublin: Ithys Press, 2012.
Numbered copy (PR6019.O9 C387 2012), Lettered copy (PR6019.O9 C387 2012b Ovrsz)
– For more information on this groundbreaking Joyce publication, please see our previous post or the publisher’s blog.
Kermaire, Christine. Memory of Al-Mutanabbi Street. Charleroi, Belgium: Christine Kermaire, 2012. (N7433.4.K47 M46 2012 Art Undrsz)
– Kermaire’s second artist’s book created for the “An Inventory of Al-Mutanabbi Street” project to commemorate the 2007 car bombing on al-Mutanabbi Street in Baghdad, which was the center of the Baghdad literary and intellectual community.
Owen, Narcissa, and Karen L. Kilcup, ed. A Cherokee Woman’s America: Memoirs of Narcissa Owen, 1831-1907. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2005. (E98.C8 O94 2005)
– A gift copy signed by the editor.
Waltower, Earl. Home from the Nam: a Three Act Play. 1972. (PS3573.A4745 H66 1972)
– A play set in Harlem about a young soldier dealing with drug addiction after his return from Vietnam.
Starry, Starry TU (Coll. no. 2012.009)
– Artwork created by the University School’s fifth grade class. On display near the library’s circulation desk.
TU ephemera (Coll. no. 2012.012)
– 11 pieces of University of Tulsa ephemera, primarily flyers and brochures, from approximately 1945-50. A gift from The Ohio State University.
Marc Carlson gift of theatrical negatives (Coll. no. 2012.013)
– A group of 4 movie production stills and 2 stills from unidentified stage productions.
Edna Griggs Welch Hall Lowe theatrical ephemera (Coll. no. 2012.015)
– Theater programs, program covers, and related press reviews.
KKK letter (Coll. no. 2012.017)
– A 1928 letter from the Imperial Wizard, Hiram Wesley Evans.
Application for Phi Beta Kappa membership for the University of Tulsa (Coll. no. 2012.020)
– A gift from the Office of the Provost.
“War Book” U.S. School of Aeronautics (Coll. no. 2012.023)
– A World War I war book from the United States Army’s School of Aeronautics.
Carroll P. Crosby WWI diary and address book (Coll. no. 2012.024)
– An original manuscript diary kept by Carroll P. Crosby, American doughboy from Massachusetts, recording his service on the western front in France and his accompanying address book.