As part of Homecoming’s events, the University of Tulsa’s McFarlin Library and the Department of Special Collections and University Archives will hold an open house this Friday, October 17th from 4:00-5:00 p.m. We invite all our alumni and visitors to come and see a special display of artifacts related to World War I and the University of Tulsa. The exhibit features WWI memorabilia such as photographs, diaries, and scrapbooks from some of the Harry Kendall College’s students and faculty that served in Europe, as well as some of the gear carried by American GIs while oversea. Among these items, our visitors will find a Springfield M1903 .30 caliber rifle. Please contact Amy Gerald, Director of Development, with any questions at email@example.com.
- McFarlin Library: A View from the Top | From McFarlin Tower on McFarlin Library blueprints are now available online
- Updated Digital Collections: Fall 2017 | From McFarlin Tower on World War I: 1917 – The Yanks are Coming exhibit
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko | From McFarlin Tower on Where did TU’s Picasso go?
- The Great War / World War I collections | From McFarlin Tower on Hugo “Hap” Gruenberg Collection
- Some new WWI Digital Collections uploads. | From McFarlin Tower on Hugo “Hap” Gruenberg Collection