Library Timeline 1907-1921

1907

  • Henry Kendall College moves to Tulsa, Oklahoma.

1908

  • The Fourteenth Annual Catalogue reports the library contains 3000 volumes and 3000 unbound magazines and is located in the newly built “Main Building” (eventually known as Kendall Hall).

1912

  • The “Main Building” becomes known as the “Administration Building.” The library and reading rooms remain in this building.

1915

  • Margaret Henry is the college’s librarian.

1916

  • The Kendallabrum contains a report of an appeal that brought in books and monies.

1917

  • Alpha Blevins is the college’s librarian.
  • Samuel B. Pack and Otto C. Seymour are the acting librarians for the 1917- 1918 academic year.

1919-1920

  • Venetta Jones is the college’s acting librarian.

1920-1921

  • Bertha Woodhurst is the college’s librarian.

1920

  • L.S. McLeod, professor of Education and Psychology, becomes the college’s librarian.