Alumni & Friends Email List
Women’s Studies Program? Are you an interested member of the
community? If you’d like to be on an email list to receive news
of happenings in women’s and gender studies at TU, please emailprogram director Jan Wilson.
The Certificate Program
and cross-cultural courses that examine women’s lives, experiences,
and works as well as gender relations, including masculinity studies.
Please browse through our website to find out more about the program,
faculty, offered courses, and more.
- Click here to see the requirements for a women’s and gender studies certificate
- Click here to see fall 2010 women’s and gender studies courses
- Click here to summer 2010 women’s and gender studies courses
For flyer about Women’s and Gender Studies at TU, click here
WHY A CERTIFICATE IN WOMEN’S AND GENDER STUDIES?
- Students in women’s and gender studies gain crucial insight into how
ideas about gender affect the lives of both women and men, shaping how
all of us relate to ourselves and each other
- Students in women’s and gender studies develop an international
perspective, exploring differences and similarities among women from
diverse cultures and geographies
- As the most interdisciplinary program at TU, women’s
and gender studies offers a structure for building focus within a chosen major
while also exploring its connections to other areas of study
- Businesses need individuals with an understanding of gender-related issues such as flex-time, parental leave and pay equity
- Many women’s organizations hire individuals with specializations in women’s and gender studies
- Professionals in law, medicine, social work, teaching, and counseling need expertise in gender issues
- Specialists with training in
women’s and gender studies serve as consultants in industry, higher
education, and personnel companies
recent Women’s Studies certificate
graduates are pursuing: U.S. Marine Corps. officer training; Tulsa
Family & Children’s Services case manage; University of the
Pacific development research analyst; Rogers County (OK) juvenile
justice specialist; North Carolina State University graduate program in
sociology; University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee graduate program in
communication; Fairleigh Dickinson University graduate program in
and law school at the University of Tulsa.
Follow the link below to read about the recent accomplishments of
women’s and gender studies faculty and students.
Questions? Contact: Jan Wilson