Special Collections is pleased to announce the acquisition of a beautiful collection of poems: The Minor Poems of Edmund Spenser. Published by Ashendene Press in 1925, the book contains The Shepheardes Calender, Compaints, Daphnaida, Colin Clovts Come Home Again, Amoretti, Hymnes, and other of the famous author’s most important and enduring short works. The word “minor” in the title refers only to the length of the book, rather than to this landmark book’s literary significance. One of only 200 copies, this well-preserved piece of literature makes an excellent addition to the other Edmund Spenser holdings in Special Collections.
- McFarlin Fellows Dinner April 12, 2018: WWI and Institutional Memory
- Sherlockiana: the infatuation with Sherlock Holmes
- From Beyond the Unknown: Books and magazines from The Jack C. Rae Science Fiction Library
- Elizabeth Melvin Chamberlain Collection of Christopher Morley
- Special Collections New Acquisitions